Sunday, September 14, 2008

First step in our outdoor paradise

On Thursday morning Kenneth and Woody chatted about an overhang for our back porch (to which a pergola will be attached). When Woody and I got home it had materialized! It makes the back porch much cozier. (I realize how not cozy it looks in this picture, but imagine the plastic chair on the ground and the grill uncovered and cooking and the blue tarp on the ground beyond your siteline and it is cozy. If you can't imagine this, the hell with you, go be literal somewhere else.):


A closer look:

In what according to Woody is faulty reasoning, I am sure that this overhang affords us infinitely more privacy and gives me full license to wear disintegrating pajamas on the porch. If I have to explain one more time that a horizontal surface ten feet in the air covers mildly inappropriate holes and threadbareness in my night clothing, I swear...

No comments: