Friday, January 23, 2009

My version of an island getaway

It was difficult to find the surface area to set up both my deck chair and my umbrella drink on the kitchen island. But not impossible. Thankfully I'm flexible and I didn't mind having the pipe for the prep sink up...well, nevermind.


Woody and Kenneth were decidedly peeved by my personal Sandals resort and shooed me off to sun myself on the junked water heater out back like I usually do. How rude.

The kitchen cabinets are only temporarily mounted so all can be checked for fit. They will come back down and receive another coat of paint. While I contemplated latching myself onto an upper cabinet and getting my best Berkeley protest yowl on to prevent them from taking them down, I decided to be mature. A Tylenol PM at 2 in the afternoon helped with this decision.


Once the cabinets are screwed in for good, we get to measure for countertops!

No comments: