Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kenneth and Kevin were going to have a peaceful day...

but I decided to "work from home" today. This meant that I checked in on Kenneth and Kevin a lot, said things looked great a lot, distracted them from important trim measurements, startled them while they were using the miter saw, and in general proved a nuisance and probably a danger to their physical well-being. I guess if this were a Three's Company set up I might be Mr. Furley.

Lots more crown molding went up today and some base cabinets were set! Kenneth put some of the resourced butcherblock countertop (thanks Beth!) on top to get a feel for the space. I think it feels great! Mostly because I spent two hours of my "work at home" day pretending to bake cookies and, in a truly ambitious move, make quiche. I think the imaginary crust came out positively flaky and tender, if I do say so myself. Next up is a pretend Bouche de Noel log.

A view from the other side of the room. Note I have my snickerdoodles cooling to the left of the sink.
The oven in which I prepared the baked goodies:

No comments: