Friday, February 27, 2009

Demoing our kitchen for real

Back in October or so, I told my friend James that there were pictures up on the blog of us "demoing the kitchen." James seemed very impressed. "Wow, the renovation went so quickly," he said. I was mildly befuddled as I was living in a house without heat or a reliable roof and the renovations felt like they could not move fast enough. However, I chalked my confusion up to not understanding most of what happens in the learned halls of my academic department.

The next day after I checked my department mailbox for the 17th time in an hour, I ran into James. "When you said you were demoing your kitchen," he said, "I thought you meant you were showing us how your appliances worked." After I asked him what appliances were and if there were in any way related to things like the Axis and Allied powers, he added "I had no idea that you were actually demolishing your kitchen." Yes, back in the chilly old days, demoing involved going at walls with sledgehammers and using the ever wonderful Wunderbar. Now demoing involves these "appliances" of which James spoke! Witness the "demo arena"!


Yes! Glory be! We have a STOVE! Hooked up today, the stove was put to quick work on pasta sudonara.

Woody decided to push the appliance to its limits and boil roughly an oil drum's worth of water for a pound of pasta.

Maddy also greatly enjoyed our first indoor cooking venture as we were very messy and she didn't need to chafe her little beagle tongue lapping food off the concrete back porch.


One more view of our beautiful beautiful chocolate chip cookie generator:

No comments: