Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's kind of like we're hosting our own talk show

Like Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Conan O'brien, we need someplace to put the many guests we have to the house. Someplace where we can ply them with cold cut platters and bowls of M&Ms before we call upon them to fix our sewer lines or move 6-foot-tall solid wood bookcases. With the books still in them. Here is our "green room":


Woody and I went through a number of colors for the upstairs office. Most of the conversations went like this:
Rachel: How about this muted wash of blue?
Woody: I like color. How about this paint chip here? Midnight Blue Blackout, that looks good.
Rachel: I feel like that color might consume my soul. Not to mention make the office dark.
Woody: I feel like Sparkling Spring might make me start going to Curves.
Rachel: How about green?
Woody: Yes, green is good.
Yes, green is good.

No comments: